Camel rides, pristine beaches and spectacular sunsets – these are all iconic experiences synonymous with Broome, WA. But there is more to this exotic town than just the stunning scenery - it’s also the birth place of the Pearl of Western Australia. For over a century, Broome has been recognised as the pearling mecca of the world. It is there that the Australian South Sea Pearl, the finest pearl in the world, is produced.
Nestled between pindan red dirt and turquoise blue waters, Broome is the ultimate place to discover the journey of the Australian South Sea Pearl, from shell to showroom.
If you’re heading to Broome, these are the five unmissable moments that will complete your pearl experience!
- See oysters suspended in their natural environment on the Willie Creek Pearl Farm Tour.
- Discover how the Pearl of Western Australia is created at the Willie Creek Pearl Farm.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of Broome, the pearling capital of Australia on the Discover Broome Tour.
- Taste pearl meat, a delicacy, straight from the shell on the Pearl Luggers Tour.
- Take home a pearl of your own from the Willie Creek Showrooms in Broome.
Don’t miss these once in a lifetime experiences! Visit http://www.thebroomeexperience.com.au/tours/experience-broome-tours.html to book your tours today.